Java DeveloperFull time Remote posted 6 days ago
Our partner is a Tech Consultancy based in North East – Jobs fully remote (clients across UK)
UK WIDE /
PLATFORM ENGINEERING /
An ambitious, successful, and growing digital and technology consultancy.
It’s an exciting time to join us on our journey as we grow and expand our services to help our clients tackle bigger, more complex challenges. We will treble the size of our team by 2025. Despite this rapid growth, however, we’re determined not to lose our unique culture.
We like to do things a bit differently. We pride ourselves in the qualities of our people, who are inclusive, creative, and collaborative.
We value and empower our people, doing right by them. We work flexibly, keep hierarchy to a minimum and offer benefits including generous annual leave, training and development, pension, and other financial perks.
We are seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Java Developer, who can help us transform our major clients. You must be passionate about technology and about developing IT systems, utilising XP and agile practices. You must have an open mind and be willing to learn new technologies.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience as a Java Developer
- Knowledge of core Java language
- Programming skills in designing and implementation of multi-tier applications using web-based technologies like Spring Boot, Play Framework or JHipster
- Knowledge on Spring Core such as Dependency Injection, configuration with Annotations or XML
- Experience of handling relational and NoSQL databases in a Java-based ecosystem using technologies like JDBC, Spring Data, Hibernate and JPA
- Experienced in logging frameworks and application monitoring
- An understanding of developing applications with SOAP or RESTful Web Services
- Good Knowledge of cloud platforms and using continuous integration
- Awareness of Agile principles
- An appreciation of developing software using TDD
- Ability to produce simple, clean code
- Experience working with multiple programming paradigms such as functional and object orientation
What makes us right for you?
You don’t have to tick every box to join us. We’re looking for those brave enough to ask the right questions and do the right thing. In return, we’ll help you develop your career and thrive.
Time off: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, paid sick leave, and flexi-working.
On the money: Employer pension contribution of up to 6%with free advice, life cover 4x salary, discretionary and referral bonuses.
A healthy approach: Corporate rate health scheme, external counsellor, and employee assistance programme.
Kitted out: Apple MacBook, Bluetooth headset, and a kindle with a large, shared library. Plus, discounts on other Apple products.
Family values: Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers, and family excursions.
Grow with us: Training and support with paid Udemy courses, monthly one-on-ones to help develop your career, and a generous learning budget to attend conferences or go on courses.
Once we’re in the office: free parking at our HQ, cycle to work scheme, fruit and coffee in the offices, social activities like nights out, hikes, lunchtime runs and an annual away weekend.
Interviews for this role take place over Microsoft Teams. If that’s not accessible and you need support, we’ll make whatever adjustments are required to accommodate.
If you’d like to be part of a team where your voice is heard and your involvement matters, please join us. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to creating an environment where everyone thrives. We’re a better company because you’re with us.
We’re a growing team of specialists who work at the heart of government, global finance, health and social care, renewable energy and growth enterprise with a range of digital consultancy and tech services. Our Culture empowers independent-minded people in our mission to do the right thing for our clients, our team and wider society: good teamwork to make life better.