Head of Engineering MobilityFull time Partially Remote Remote posted 3 weeks ago
About our Client
Our Client is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership.
About the Role
The company is looking for an experienced leader with excellent technical capability, an obsessively user-focused approach and an entrepreneurial aptitude to be its next Head of Engineering Mobility, reporting to the Chief Executive Officers. The Head of Engineering Mobility will lead the Mobility Engineering Team, taking ownership of the Team’s technical matters to support the business operations in multiple countries and continents.
The ideal candidate will have experience in building tech teams and leading agile technology operations, acting as the subject matter expert on the technologies and operational approaches required to build game-changing products. The Head of Engineering Mobility should be prepared to be accountable to management for the performance of his/her team across all locations worldwide, as a mobility and banking platform that will make all our customers more productive and successful, the Head of Engineering Mobility will be expected to lead the company’s creation of digital products that redefine our customer’s mobility experience and radically transform the last frontier for technological growth: Africa.
They expect the Head of Engineering Mobility to be highly product-oriented, constantly obsessing over the best technological solution and user experiences that will make their products outstanding and unusually great product leaders in their respective categories. The right candidates will demonstrate an uncanny knack for simple communication and an insatiable appetite for achieving global leading customer satisfaction. If you want to drive exponential growth through innovation and build a technology company transforming mobility, they would like to meet and explore this opportunity with you.
- Establish, hire, train and develop the internal Engineering team.
- Manage processes that support fast time-to-market and high production velocity.
- Support the creation and evolution of an engineering plan that supports the business objectives, considering technical capabilities, cost constraints, growth plans and geographic footprint.
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Maintain a strong grasp of industry trends, cutting edge technology and marketplace changes to ensure the company remains in a leading position over its competitors.
- Utilize research, technology and product partnerships to access innovation, enhance capabilities and control cost-effectively.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in engineering, including at least 3 years as a senior technical leader managing a team of at least 6 people.
- Strong technical background, specifically with software development.
- Possess the hands-on technical skills necessary to establish credibility with internal teams and senior leadership, as well as with customers’ R&D organizations. Must be a “roll up the sleeves” operator.
- Exhibits knowledge of and experience having successfully employed processes and methodologies to ensure the timely delivery of projects; knows how to employ process and incorporate metrics by which progress against plan can be measured, accountability can be established, and greater predictability and repeatability can be realized.
- Experience with leading an engineering team in a hyper-growth-oriented, entrepreneurial environment where management of complex product requirements is a critical driver of success.
Personal and/or Leadership Attributes:
- Demonstrates leadership experience motivating engineering teams; leads by example with creativity, strategic thinking and innovation.
- A great “communicator”. Must be articulate, open, and direct.
- Possesses strong presence with positive interactions across all levels of management, staff and with external customers and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to create and manage an accountability-based-culture: lead, motivate and develop a highly technical and talented engineering organization.
- Comfortable in a low-ego, entrepreneurial, change-oriented and ambiguous environment.
Ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience managing geographically disparate technology teams.
Where You Will Be Based
The client believe in remote work and are willing to be flexible around your base. You will be expected to travel to African, Middle East and Asian markets.
Who You’ll Be Working with
Directly reporting to the office of the Co-CEOs and closely working with the rest of the Leadership Team.
About The Team
The team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. They think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
The company is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process.