Frontend EngineerFull time In-house posted 3 weeks ago
As supply chains become increasing challenged, our Client offers opportunities to join a growing and dynamic team that is solving the toughest worldwide logistical challenges and help re-shape how the world does international trade.
Join them in Technology as they innovate, prototype, and industrialize digital products to drive growth and lead the market.
It’s never been a more exciting time to join the leader in global container distribution. Their pivot to building competitive advantage through technology means they are re-thinking how they engage their customers and partners. Your role in Technology would be centre stage.
Our Client is looking for passionate engineers and leaders to power our transformation journey. Our solution is a bespoke build on .Net core, Java, React, Vue, Terraform, GitHub, azure data/cloud components.
A role in leading the digital transformation in worldwide logistics and impacting global trade via the largest container shipping company in the world!
- The ability to influence the digitization on an industry and use digital advancements as the center-point of the transformation
- They are passionate about using technology to solve our customers supply chain challenges all over the globe.
- They value opinions and experiences across our diverse teams with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures
- They offer the freedom and responsibility, to shape the setup and processes we use in our community
- A focused but balanced working environment, where they are passionate about continuous learning and self growth, including through our active community of practices, conferences, workshops and meetups.
You will work with the company’s global team of engineers to contribute in driving change and delivering quality products on time
Apart from that, you would be expected to:
- You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining technically sound, experientially superior web and mobile applications using leading front-end frameworks
- You will apply your skills in UI design to architect and build reusable front-end systems, easy to use workflows and visualize massive datasets.
- You will write modular, well-tested high-performance code and collaborate with the rest of the team to brainstorm, get feedback and iterate UI designs.
- You will translate UI/UX designs wireframes in to modular and reusable front-end code that will produce visual elements of web and mobile application with high fidelity.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers/Owners, Architects, and other business stakeholders to develop simple and easy-to-understand UI to make products a delight to use.
- You will write well tested code for all aspects of UI design.
- You will prototype custom user interface and data visualization UIs for our web/mobile apps and develop design solutions for complex scientific and industrial workflows.
- You will make recommendations for better design and user experience based on sound reasoning, feedback, and best practices.
- You will ensure design consistency throughout our products and create a consistent user experience for new and existing designs.
- You will develop mission critical user facing features and components
- You will build pixel-perfect, robust and, accessible user interfaces on the web and mobile
- You will build modular layouts, reusable code, and libraries for future use
- You will help set technical standards and best practices for the front-end team
- You will optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- You will transform large and complex datasets to beautiful visualizations
What our client is looking for
It is all about you and how they can build the best career with you in mind. Of course, they have an expectation around what you can bring to the role – but don’t expect that you bring all the things mentioned below but the willingness to grow and learn. In short, they use a more holistic approach to the evaluation of their potential employees – So get in touch to see how you can be part of their journey!
You are a seasoned engineer with 10+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable client-side products
These technical requirements make you a strong fit for the role:
- Frameworks – Any of Angular, React, React Native or Vue
- Testing frameworks – Jest, Enzyme, chai, Cypress, Codecept and PlayWright
- Web analytics – Google Tag Manager, Omniture, or other analytics packages
- Build tools – Webpack, parcel, rollup
- CI/CD tools – Jenkins, Github Actions, ADO
- Cloud – Any of Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Browser debugging tools bundled in chrome, Firefox, Safari
- Pre-processing frameworks – Babel, webpack, LESS or SASS
- Software engineering best practices, agile principles
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) & Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Incorporating analytics instrumentation and enabling A/B testing.
- Leading complex technical projects and delivering solutions that provide value each step of the way
- Software design approaches, common UX patterns to create reusable components for complex UIs
- Web standards, asynchronous request handling, cross-browser compatibility & security standards
- Tuning for performance by optimizing delivery of assets (e.g., images, fonts), efficient resource usage.
- Consumed REST, GraphQL APIs from client-side
- Mentoring engineers and helping them progress in their career path.
- Current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- They will give you a short homework assignment to test your coding and solution design. We’ll make sure they will keep it short.
- You’ll have a technical interview with one of their engineers.
- You’ll be invited to have an interview session where you’ll have a technical and behavioral assessment with their Engineering Director
- That’s it. If you’ve made it through, they’ll make an offer!