Frontend EngineerFull time Partially Remote posted 3 weeks ago
About our Client
Our Client is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership.
About the Role
Our client is looking for an experienced professional with strong IT skills and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Frontend Engineer, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. As a proven result–driven person, the Frontend Engineer will be tasked with developing new applications and maintaining current applications.
In this role, you will dig deep into application development that makes the organization more efficient, effective, and amazing. If you are creative, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for organization, this is the role for you!
The company is seeking a resourceful and hands-on Frontend Developer to join the rapidly growing development team. The ideal candidate should have a serious passion for user-centered design and development; believes in constantly evolving and improving through iteration, testing, user research, and experimentation; and has the agility to go from the whiteboard design of an application all the way to superior code implementation.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing new applications and maintain current applications to support
- Taking charge and be a decision driver for assigned web platforms
- Ability to explain issues, decisions, and solutions to the team succinctly
- Producing prototypes and effectively articulate design decisions
What You will need for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related programming degree
- Extensive web development experience (with associated portfolio) in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of data visualization and charting libraries (e.g. D3, Recharts, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Ability to create mockups and prototypes quickly
- Ability to interact with and integrate RESTful API platforms/endpoints
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure (e.g AWS)
- The propensity for proper documentation and source control
KPIs that will be measured after you start
- Code quality
- Availability, maintainability, and scalability of applications built
- Defects/bugs found in production code
- Response time to issue resolution
- Testing quality and coverage
Who You’ll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and closely working with the Tech Team
About the team
The team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. They think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join them in their mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.