An award-winning training program that recruits exceptional talent from Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa is offering aspiring African entrepreneurs a fully sponsored twelve month, intensive full-time program. We are looking for an individual who will help our teams define success and work towards that outcome. The individual must have experience in project management.
- Work hands-on with incubator companies which may require additional technical support. This may involve driving development activities and training team members.
- Offer technical advice to incubator companies, which may include recommendations regarding frameworks and libraries, suggestions on how to solve a particular problem or simply helping out to debug an issue.
- Design optimal interfaces with principles of user experience.
- Recommend and implement good software engineering practices, which may include setting up version control, automated build systems, IDE’s, bug tracking and suggesting code conventions.
- Assist teams in creating technical roadmaps and prioritizing tasks.
- Assist with technical hiring and developer recruitment.
- Resolve support requests and handle system administration tasks for the computer network in the incubator
- Teach occasional classes and conduct workshops related to various technologies.
- Experience in managing of developers is a huge plus
- Agile software development and project management
- Web development using modern web frameworks, like Laravel, RoR, Django
- Front-end development (Frameworks like AngularJS, emberJS or knockoutJS are a plus)
- Mobile app development (especially iOS and Android)
- Web design using CSS3 and HTML5 (Experience with pre-processors like Sass, Less, Haml, Jade is a plus)
- Server management using PaaSs and IaaSs, like Heroku and AWS
- Database management (SQL databases like PostgresQL and NoSQL database like MongoDB)
- Have an enviable Rolodex of warm relationships at numerous organisation
- Be familiar with or have a very active interest in how technology entrepreneurship is evolving in Africa or other fast-moving emerging markets.
- Have a background in product management, digital marketing or sales.
- Have experience in the following spaces: consumer mobile apps, e-commerce platforms, agriculture
Job Experience and Educational Qualification
- 4-5 year’s experience with at least 2 years experience in a product owner role at technology startups.
$1000 per Month
Method of Application
To apply for this role, please visit: http://www.eworker.co/apply/