At eWorker we are on the lookout for bright and talented young people in Africa. We harness the power of technology to vet and provide employment opportunities to world-class developers, data scientists and designers.
Learn more about us at www.eWorker.co.
About the Role:
As the IT Project Manager at eWorker, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of multiple Agile projects. This will include working directly with the client and interfacing with engineering teams. A thorough technical knowledge and passion for developing world-class products/projects is a must for this role.
You have a passion of sharing your love of technology with the world. You are an experienced technologist, are constantly up to date with latest technological developments. You are a confident and have an open-mind. You are able to start and moderate conversations that attract and engage top technologists from around the world. You are most buzzing when you are building communities – online and offline – around a passion for technology.
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Expert experience in front end or back end development and be able to pass skills tests including pixel perfect PSD to HTML conversion
- Experience in responsive design, HTML5, CSS3 media queries
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar degree
- Knowledge of project management software such as Basecamp, MS Project, Visio, Sales Force, etc
- A solid understanding of web design standards, usability, and rich media
- Experience in working with large/complicated sites and high profile clients
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- A solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations, and run team meetings
- An ability to anticipate issues, identify future choke points, and work ahead to time to alleviate potential issues
- Proven mentoring and team building skills
- An ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and be highly organized
- Familiarity with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento (preferred)
- An ability to demonstrate leadership capability with teams of 3 or more people (preferred)
- The availability to work 40 hours per week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
YOUR DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Assisting and reviewing development of project scopes, considering resources, and technological constraints including cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and identified risks
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet the changing needs and requirements. This includes wire framing, sitemaps & scope of work
- Defining project scope and giving clear instructions to design and development team
- Clarifying and communicating project objectives and success criteria to team
- Identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities
- Assuring that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by team before passing to Account Managers
- Effectively applying our methodology and enforcing project standards
- Ensuring that project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Ensuring that approved requirements are developed in sufficient scope and detail that will result in the delivery of a solution that meets customer needs as they perceive them
- Attending client meetings as required
- Assisting with developing quality assurance processes, documentation, and testing where needed
- Identifying and managing project risk
- Maintaining awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions
- N100,000 – N200,000 per month based on experience
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the smartest and coolest minds on the planet
- You also have a chance to change the Africa narrative with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity at our company. We welcome all to apply regardless of race, religion, creed, class, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Email CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Offerd SalaryN100,000- N200,000