At eWorker we provide remote job opportunities to bright and talented young people in Africa. We harness the power of technology to train and groom people to become world-class data scientist and software developers. We connect them to employers across the world looking for world-class remote talent. Passion, excellence and entrepreneurial flare are just a few of the characteristics that you’ll find at eWorker.
About the Role:
You’ll be our first line of contact in engaging and attracting Africa’s best technologists. As the face of eWorker passion for world-class technology, you are deeply networked and tirelessly hitting the road to find, inspire, and engage top developer talent around Africa.
You will be responsible for creating, connecting, and maintaining a network of the most passionate and capable technologists across Nigeria. You will be a regular speaker at technology conferences, organise meetups increasing eWorker’s exposure and connections in every digital and physical space that gather’s Africa’s top developers.
You have a passion of sharing your love of technology with the world. You are an experienced technologist, are constantly up to date with latest technological developments. You are a confident and have an open-mind. You are able to start and moderate conversations that attract and engage top technologists from around the world. You are most buzzing when you are building communities – online and offline – around a passion for technology.
- You have a track record of running and organizing community events in the software technology space
- You understand how meetups work and have organized and run a number of meetups.
- You are detail oriented, can handle many tasks, and have the ability to gather developers.
- You are passionate, energetic with the proven ability to break through boundaries with a passion for growing the community
- Monitor communication channels (HN, Reddit, StackOverflow, Mailing lists etc..) and interact with the community, answer questions and assist developers.
- Identify and build relationships with the developer community, meetups, and conferences and leverage relationships to evangelize eWorker.
- Own problem resolution and participate with the development team to create solutions.
- Publish content from blog posts to video demos.
- Drive our technical teams teams to deliver content for the developer audience
- Build trusted relationships with developer community leaders
- Research, reach out and engage with other developer advocates and developers expanding our reach
- Create community engagement plans and programs that span online and physical events.
- Drive a meetup plan and organize our own meetups, sponsorship of other meetups and speakers for meetups.
- Drive requirements and continued growth around our online community
- Plan and execute community engagement activities
- Creating presentations, promote blog posts and be part of the broader developer community ensuring that eWorker is well represented and we listen to the feedback from our community.
- Working effectively cross-functionally—marketing, product management, communication, engineering, and field—with relative ease and purpose to drive business needs
Your skills and background:
- Relevant technical developer experience ideally in the open source ecosystem.
- Prior developer relations/community manager experience in the software space.
- Experience moderating and managing online communities.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Familiar with Big Data technologies.
- Desire and ability to work with enterprise clients and our open source community.
- Experience working with open source software, GitHub etc.
- Familiar with software development process in a business setting.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the smartest and coolest minds on the planet
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity at our company. We welcome all to apply regardless of race, religion, creed, class, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Interested and qualified? Email email@example.com