Desktop App Development with Java – Full Stack – Part 2
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the basic to advanced theoretical understanding and practical experience of current best practice in software development. The course concentrates on the application of software engineering principles to the development of a significant software system using Java and MySQL. In the Capstone Project, you’ll apply what you learnt to develop real-world desktop application.
This is part two of Desktop Application Development, which the continuation of our “part 1” course. Here we are going to work more with java swing which is one of the must use java GUI components and then dive into full desktop application development. We will start with setting up java development environment, create new project using netbeans then giving you all you need to become a desktop application developer.
Swing was developed to provide a more sophisticated set of GUI components than the earlier Abstract Window Toolkit (AWT).
Swing provides a native look and feel that emulates the look and feel of several platforms, and also supports a pluggable look and feel that allows applications to have a look and feel unrelated to the underlying platform. It has more powerful and flexible components than AWT.
In addition to familiar components such as buttons, text fields, check boxes and labels, Swing provides several advanced components such as tabbed panel, scroll panes, trees, tables, and lists.
Module 10: Java GUI Programming
- Creating Window and Adding Object to the Window
- Understand Event and Multiple Event Handlers
- Understand Random Number Game
- Understand how to Build Simple Calculator
- Understand JCheckBox, JTable and JSlider
- Understand Slider Color Changer
- Understand GUI Using NetBeans
- And Many More …
Module 11: Full Stack Implementation – Real World App
- Understand how to Setup SQLite Database Connection and Login System
- Understand Custom Background Image to JFrame
- Understand how to Encrypt User Password
- Understand how to Insert Data Into Sqlite Database
- Understand Security Realms with Glassfish
- Understand how Resize a Picture to Fit JLabel
- Understand how to Calculate & Update Employee Salary
- Understand how to Generate PDF Reports (Salary Slip)
- And Many More …
- Week 10: Web Programming – Module 10
- Week 11: Web Application Development – Module 11
- Week 12: Web Application Development with Java – Module 11
Topic: Hospital Management System
We all might have noticed doctors taking notes and keeping manual records to keep track of patient’s diagnosis and illness. This helps doctor understand the patient better as he by looking at the records the doctor can understand the basic nature of patient’s illness and then provide the necessary medications. Using this Hospital Management (HMS) hospital administrator will be able to manage the record of their patient effectively using their computer without any stress.
This HMS will have two role: Admin and User.
Admin (eg: Doctor): Admin must have privilege to enter/Delete, edit patient’s information and add other hospital resources – such as room, bed etc (All privileges).
Admin have the privilege to add new user, edit user information and remove user.
Users: will be given the privilege to manage patient such as Add, View, Edit but not to Delete.
1.1 Development Tools
- Back-end development – Java; Database – Mysql
- Front-end development – Swing.
- Editor – Use editor of your choice.
1.2 Interface’ Details:
- Admin/User Login – When the application is launched you must be presented with the interface that required your “Username and Password”
- Ward – You can view all ward and add more
- Room – View all rooms and add more
- Nurse/Wardboy – View all and add more
- User Registration – Admin can register new users
- Users Registration Record – Detail record of all registered user
- Login Details – Collection of all Username and Password
- Change Password – Interface for changing password
- Doctor Profile – View, edit and add more Doctors
- Patient Registration – View, edit and add more patient
- Service – Type of services render to patient – Add, edit and view service record
- Admit – This must collect patient information, such as the patient name, ward, room, bed etc he/she is admitted to. Also view and edit admission record
- Discharge – This must collect patient information, such as the patient name, ward, room, bed etc he/she been discharge from. Also view and edit discharge patient’ record
- Billing – View, edit and add
- Help – Manual on how the system can be used
A good Management System must be accompanied with user-friendly management application logic. It should be convenient for the administrator/user to management their client and staff in a convenient way without and stress. Application should be build with accuracy and security in mind, system functionality is key, developer should ensure that the system is tested and guaranty accuracy, all required field should be validated.
Project Duration: 1 Month
- Lectures 72
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 09:38:44
- Skill level Intermediate - Advance
- Language English
- Students 24
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Module 10: Java GUI Programming
Module 11: Full Stack Implementation - Real World App
The main objective of this module is to develop Payroll Management System using Java GUI component, the system manage the details of Employees, Payments, Salary. It also manages all information about the Employee, Payroll and Salary Slips. The project is totally built at administrator end of things. Only the administrator is guaranteed the access.