Android App Development – Full Stack – Part 2
This part 2 builds upon the Java and Android covered in part 1 by delving deeper into core Android app components, such as intents, activities, and broadcast receivers. The course will then concentrates on android app development using android studio as an IDE. In the Capstone Project, you’ll apply your skills to develop real-world android mobile app.
This is part two of Android App Development, which is the continuation of our “part 1” course. Here we are going a bit advance and dive into full android app development. we will start with setting up android development environment, create new project using android studio then giving you what it takes to become a world class software/android app developer.
Recall that, android is an open source and Linux-based Operating System for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablet etc. Android was developed by the Open Handset Alliance, led by Google, and other companies. Android offers a unified approach to application development for mobile devices which means developers need only develop for Android, and their applications should be able to run on different devices powered by Android.
Module 10: Android Programming
- Understand Terminologies in Android Programming
- Understand Views and Layouts in Android
- Understand Android Activity Lifecycle
- Understand Linear Layout, RadioButton, RadioGroup in Android and Registration Activity
- Understand Intent and Custom AlertDialog
- Understand Asynctask, Custom ListView and ExpandableListView In Android
- Understand SQLite in Android Studio
- And Many More …
Module 11: Full Stack Implementation – Real World App
- Understand how to Create a New Project
- Understanding how to Implement Navigation Drawer
- Implementing the Otto Event Bus and Creating Model Objects
- Pulling Down Exhibits Data and Creating the Exhibits List
- Creating a GridView of Gallery Images and Creating the Gallery Image Detail Activity
- Understand how to Set Up Google Maps API Key
- Understand how to Prepare Data for Map Pins
- And Many More …
- Week 10: Web Programming – Module 10
- Week 11: Web Application Development – Module 11
- Week 12: Web Application Development with Java – Module 11
Topic: Hospital Management System
We all might have noticed doctors taking notes and keeping manual records to keep track of patient’s diagnosis and illness. This helps doctor understand the patient better as he by looking at the records the doctor can understand the basic nature of patient’s illness and then provide the necessary medications. Using this Hospital Management (HMS) hospital administrator will be able to manage the record of their patient effectively using their computer without any stress.
This HMS will have two role: Admin and User.
Admin (eg: Doctor): Admin must have privilege to enter/Delete, edit patient’s information and add other hospital resources – such as room, bed etc (All privileges).
Admin have the privilege to add new user, edit user information and remove user.
Users: will be given the privilege to manage patient such as Add, View, Edit but not to Delete.
1.1 Development Tools
- Back-end development – Android/Java; Database – Mysql
- Front-end development – XML
- Web Service – Database should reside in the web – Use scripting language of your choice
- Editor – Use editor of your choice.
1.2 Interface’ Details:
- Admin/User Login – When the application is launched you must be presented with the interface that required your “Username and Password”
- Ward – You can view all ward and add more
- Room – View all rooms and add more
- Nurse/Wardboy – View all and add more
- User Registration – Admin can register new users
- Users Registration Record – Detail record of all registered user
- Login Details – Collection of all Username and Password
- Change Password – Interface for changing password
- Doctor Profile – View, edit and add more Doctors
- Patient Registration – View, edit and add more patient
- Service – Type of services render to patient – Add, edit and view service record
- Admit – This must collect patient information, such as the patient name, ward, room, bed etc he/she is admitted to. Also view and edit admission record
- Discharge – This must collect patient information, such as the patient name, ward, room, bed etc he/she been discharge from. Also view and edit discharge patient’ record
- Billing – View, edit and add
- Help – Manual on how the system can be used
A good Management System must be accompanied with user-friendly management application logic. It should be convenient for the administrator/user to management their client and staff in a convenient way without and stress. Application should be build with accuracy and security in mind, system functionality is key, developer should ensure that the system is tested and guaranty accuracy, all required field should be validated.
Project Duration: 1 Month
- Lectures 54
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 08:40:32
- Skill level Intermediate - Advance
- Language English
- Students 12
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Module 10: Android Programming
Android is an open source and Linux-based Operating System for mobile devices such as smart phones, tablet etc. Android was developed by the Open Handset Alliance, led by Google, and other companies. Android offers a unified approach to application development for mobile devices which means developers need only develop for Android, and their applications should be able to run on different devices powered by Android.
Module 11 – Full Stack Implementation – Real World App
This module will cover Game development using the Java component available.